Dear applicants, please visit State Enterprise "Ukrainian State Center for International Education" of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, if you need general information about educational system of Ukraine, to review the list of higher educational institutions in Ukraine, to choose a school and a course of study.
It is advisable that a prospective student personally makes basic research on Ukraine, its traditions and lifestyle, a city where s/he is going to stay, his/her school and the course of study.
To apply for student visa a prospective student must obtain an original of an invitation valid for a particular school.
According to the PROCEDURE for the organization of recruitment and training (internship) of foreigners and stateless persons, adopted by the Decree of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine №1541 dated 01.11.2013 there no time limit to apply for a study visa (preparatory Department only).
The Embassy of Ukraine is receiving visa applications from the students of following African States: Nigeria; Benin; The Gambia; Ghana; Cameroon; Sao Tome and Principe; Sierra Leone; Togo.
General requirements for visa procedure:
Applicants for student visa must submit the following documents:
1. passport and photocopy of first page that should meet the following requirements:
be valid for at least three months after the stated date of departure from Ukraine;
have at least two blank visas designated pages;
have validity period of no longer than 10 years;
2. one colored passport photo 35 mm x 45 mm;
3. original invitation for study and its photocopy;
When you receive an invitation make sure there are no mistakes and typos: your name, date of birth, passport number should be identical to those indicated in your passport you submit for the visa.
4. original of a sponsorship letter (attested by a notary) made by a court affidavit, which must include a full name of a sponsor, his/her address, landline and mobile telephone number, e-mail (if any), and obligation of a sponsor to cover expenses (stating sum of expenses) of an applicant;
5. photocopy of sponsor`s ID/passport with example of signature;
6. original of recent bank statements of a sponsor (for the past six months and should be personal not a company account); minimum amount should be sufficient to cover all applicant’s expenses during his/her first year in Ukraine (tuition fees and daily expenses);
7. valid health insurance with coverage of at least 30,000 EUR or equivalent in other currency. When multi-entry visa is requested, availability of health insurance valid for the first intended visit to Ukraine shall be considered. Holders of diplomatic or service passport shall be exempt from this requirement;
8. according to the Act of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine №392 dated May 20, 2020, for the period of quarantine, it is prohibited for foreigners and stateless persons to cross the state border of Ukraine without an existing insurance policy (certificate) issued by an insurance company registered in Ukraine or a foreign insurance company with a representative office in Ukraine or a contractual relationship with an insurance company – a partner on the territory of Ukraine (assistance), and covers the costs associated with the treatment of COVID-19, observation, and is valid for the period of stay in Ukraine.
9. receipt of payment of visa fees.
Keep in mind that according to Ukrainian legislation in force all consular/visa fees are not refundable.