Important notice!!! Consular section of the Embassy of Ukraine will not answer on emails and phone requests about information that is already located at the web site.
Types of Ukrainian visa
1) Transit visa (type B) – can be issued to foreigner and stateless person in case of transit through the territory of Ukraine to a third country, as well as for transit of cargo and passengers by road. The base for the granting transit visa is one of the following documents:
- a document proving the transit nature of the trip (visa to a third country, ticket, etc.);
- a document proving the transit nature of transportation of goods and passengers by road;
- a license for performance of the international transportation activities issued by the competent authorities in a country of residence.
2) Short-stay visa (type C) – can be issued to foreigner and stateless person for an intended stay in the territory of Ukraine of duration of no more than 90 days in any 180 days period from the date of first entry into the territory of Ukraine. The base for granting short-term visa is one of the following documents:
- an original of standardized invitation from individual or legal entity, issued by Ukrainian State Immigration Authority;
- an invitation from a Ministry, other central governmental agency, State institution, enterprise or organization;
- the documents confirming the family relationships with a citizen of Ukraine, foreigner or a stateless person who has a temporary/permanent residence permit in Ukraine, including marriage or birth certificate;
- the certificate of an Ukrainian Abroad or the personal written statement, documents proving the Ukrainian ethnic origin;
- a document proving the tourist nature of the trip;
- an invitation from a hospital in Ukraine;
- a document confirming that the person is co-owner of a joint-venture or representative of a company;
- a written confirmation of the Humanitarian commission under the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine about humanitarian aid or charity activities;
- an invitation issued by a religious organization and certified by the Ministry of culture and tourism of Ukraine for a short stay in Ukraine for religious affairs;
- a written request from a head of foreign media concerning visa issuing to foreign correspondents or representatives of foreign mass media;
- a written request of State authorities of foreign States or international organizations.
- Short-term visa can be issued without submission of letters of invitations to enter Ukraine for citizens of Guatemala, Malaysia, Mexico, Panama, Singapore and Croatia.
On the basis of reciprocity for the citizens of Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Mauritius, Seychelles and Turkey, entering Ukraine for tourism, the visas can be issued up to 15 days in the airports Boryspil (Kyiv), Odessa, Simferopol and the Odessa Sea Port.
3) Long stay visa (type D) - can be issued to foreigner and stateless person to enter Ukraine after the presentation of the documents that give the right to reside or stay in Ukraine for a period exceeding 90 days, especially:
- truly certified copy of work permit issued by Ukrainian State Employment Authority;
- copy of immigration permit, issued by Ukrainian State Immigration Authority;
- a written permit of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to issue visas to family members of a person, who was granted refugee status in Ukraine;
- an original of standardized invitation for studying in Ukraine;
- an invitation of public institution, enterprise or organization that is recipient of international technical aid;
- an invitation of a religious organization, certified by the Ministry of culture and tourism of Ukraine for pursuing religious activities;
- an invitation of a branch office, representative or other social (non-governmental) organization;
- an invitation of a representative of a foreign entity certified by the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine;
- invitation of a branch or representative office of foreign bank certified by the National Bank of Ukraine;
- a written confirmation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine on registration of the passport document belonging to a foreign correspondent or representative of a foreign mass media and members of his/her family.
Documents to be submitted upon application for visa
The following shall be submitted upon application for visa:
- a valid travel document which is issued within previous 10 years, contains at least two blank pages for visas and is valid at least 3 months after the expiration date of the visa;
- a filled in and signed application form. In case several persons (minors or a spouse) are covered by the same travel document, individual application forms must be filled in and signed by the persons concerned, in case of minors signed by the parental authority or the legal guardian;
- 2 colour photos (size 30x40 mm);
- visa fees receipt;
- insurance policy valid for the period of stay in Ukraine. In case of multiple entry visa the insurance policy has to cover the period of first stay. The holders of diplomatic and service passports are exempted from this formality.
- documents indicating the purpose of journey;
- documents in relation to accommodation or proof of sufficient means to cover your accommodation;
- documents indicating that you possess sufficient means of subsistence both for the duration of the intended stay and for the return to your country of origin or residence;
- information which enables to assess your intention to leave Ukraine before the expiry of the visa.
Processing of the visa application form – 85 USD
(not refundable in case of denial and it covers visa cost in case of approval)
We offer up to 30 day for regular visa processing and rush processing for up to 7 days.
Single entry visa – 85 USD
Double entry visa – 130 USD
Multiple entry visa – 200 USD
Urgent visa can be issued at the desire of foreigner/stateless person in the case of having technical possibility. For urgent issuing or issuing in leisure time the visa fee charges are double sized.
|Normal (15 to 30 days, depending on workload)||Express (14 days, depending on workload)|
|Processing of an application for legalization of one document||$10||$20|
|Legalization (per document)||$50||$100|
Certification of translation (per page)
Verification copy of the document
We offer up to 14 day for regular processing and rush processing for up to 7 days.
Application for legalization can be downloaded here http://mfa.gov.ua/mediafiles/sites/nigeria/Application_for_legalisation.pdf
Keep in mind that according to Ukraine’s legislations those fees are not connected with visa and paid for the documents processing (legalization, verification etc.) only and in case if work is done are not refundable.
If your application is refused you will be informed in written of the reasons for this refusal and you may lodge an appeal within 30 days. The letter outlining the reasons for refusal will specify the address to which an appeal should be sent.
An appeal can be made within two months of receipt of the refusal notice, and must be made in written - fax or email appeals will not be considered. There is no charge for lodging an appeal.
You should address each refusal reason in your appeal. You should supply clear and relevant evidence in your appeal that will address any deficiencies in your initial application. Any further information or documentation that you wish to have taken into account should also be included with your appeal letter.
On receipt of your appeal, the Head of diplomatic post will review the application, taking account of any additional information or documentation that you have supplied. Provision of additional material does not guarantee approval of the application on appeal.
On examination and review the original decision may be reversed. If the Head of diplomatic post does not alter the decision you will be notified in written.
Dear applicants for a study visa in Ukraine,
Check the following web-sites, if you need general information about educational system of Ukraine, to review the list of higher educational institutions in Ukraine, to choose a school and a course of study:
It is advisable that a prospective student personally makes basic research on Ukraine, its traditions and lifestyle, a city where s/he is going to stay, his/her school and the course of study.
The Embassy of Ukraine is receiving visa applications from the students of following States:
- Democratic Republic of Congo (Kinshasa);
To apply for student visa a prospective student has to obtain an original of an invitation valid for a particular school.
Based on the Law of Ukraine No2004/24536 starting from year 2014 there will be no time limit to apply for a study visa (preparatory Department only).
For a basic education students are allowed to enter the territory of Ukraine between 15 August and 15 November only.
Applicants for student visa have to submit the following documents:
1. Passport with expiry date of at least 6 months following the end of visa validity and at least 3 blank pages and photocopy of first page of passport.
2. Visa application form, printed or written in block letters. It must be filled in carefully, clearly and precisely and signed personally by the applicant. It is free of charge to download an electronic version from this web-site or to obtain a paper version at the Embassy.
3. Two recent colour pictures attached against the white background of visa application form (30x40mm).
4. Original invitation and its photocopy. When you receive an invitation make sure there are no mistakes and typos: your name, date of birth, passport number should be identical to those indicated in your passport you submit for the visa.
5. Original of birth certificate and a copy legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of issuing country and its translation into Ukrainian language;
6. Original of school-leaving certificate of secondary school (college) record with enclosed statement of results (transcript of marks received) and their copies legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of issuing country and its translation into Ukrainian language.
7. Medical certificate of general fitness legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of issuing country. Medical certificate is valid for TWO MONTHS, which means an applicant has to enrol to his/her institution within two months since medical certificate was issued.
8. Results of HIV/AIDS test legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of issuing country.
9. Original of a sponsorship letter (attested by a notary) made by a court affidavit, which must include a full name of a sponsor, his/her address, landline and mobile telephone number, e-mail (if any), and obligation of a sponsor to cover expenses (stating sum of expenses) of an applicant.
10. Photocopy of sponsor`s ID/passport with example of signature.
11. Original of recent bank statements of a sponsor (for the past six months and should be personal not a company account); minimum amount should be sufficient to cover all applicant’s expenses during his/her first year in Ukraine (tuition fees and daily expenses).
12. Receipt of payment of visa fees (85 USD) (you will receive it at the Embassy at the interview date)
13. The insurance policy valid for the period of one month starting while entering the territory of Ukraine and one photocopy.
|Chief:||Mr. Mykola Samosvatov
Monday - Friday
From 09:00 to 16:00
From 12:00 to 13:00 Lunch Break
|Boundaries of the consular district:||
Benin, Gambia, Ghana, Cameroon, Togo, Serra-Leone and Nigeria.
Emergency Telephone +2348036789749
Please call only in case of threat to the life or death of citizens of Ukraine.